Pages

Friday, March 8, 2013

Skully the Skull


Skully the Skull Applique


I had a friend of mine ask me to make a skull applique for her, so here it is!

Warning: This pattern may be a bit confusing
 

Hook: G or H (I used an H because I crochet tightly)
Yarn: Small amount of Worsted Weight

Starting out with making the eye holes...


  • Ch 14
  • sl st in first ch
  • Ch 13
  • sl st in same ch as first sl st (Note: this will look like the number 8)
  • 16 sc in first ch-14 sp
  • 16 sc in second ch-14 sp
  • sl st in first sc made
  • sl st in next 6 sc
 
Row 1: ch 2 turn, hdc in next 12 sc (13 sts)
Row 2: ch 2 turn, hdcdec in NEXT 2 hdc, hdc 7, hdcdec in next 2 (this includes the ch2)
Row 3: ch 2, turn, hdcdec in NEXT 2 hdc, 4 hdc, hdcdec in last 2 sts, sl st in last st, finish off

Bottom of skull (nose and teeth)

Note: there should be 9 OPEN sc on bottom of each eye hole.

Join yarn with sc in 4th open sc from head
Row 1: sc 4, ch 2, sc 5, ch 1 turn
Row 2: sc in NEXT sc and in next 3 sc, 2sc in ch-2 sp, sc 4, ch 2, turn
Row 3: hdc in NEXT sc, *ch 2, sk next sc, hdc in next, rep from * across ending with hdc
Row 4: ch 1 turn, sc in first hdc from previous row, *sc in ch-2 sp, sc in hdc, rep from * to last st. DO NOT FINISH OFF
Final Step: sc evenly around entire skull made, Finish off, weave in ends.

Enjoy!

If you tell others about my work, please only link back to my blog, but don't copy my patterns to your site. Also you can sell anything you make from my patterns, but don't sell the free pattern. Thank you!  The Yarn Box

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your pattern! I look forward to trying it out!

    ReplyDelete