Pages

Friday, March 1, 2013

Handspun Fibers

Okay so yesterday I received some amazing yarn!  First of all I'd like to say that I've NEVER used hand-spun yarn or even hand-dyed yarn.  But I seriously LOVE IT!  And I am not quite sure how the heck I'm going to look at yarn the same ever again.  I didn't plan on buying this yarn, I just did it on a whim.  The was an RTS (ready to ship) sale going on one of the Facebook pages I follow and thought, hey, why not?  I just found this yarn to be so pretty in the picture it drove me to buy it.  And I'm SO glad I did.

Hand-spun is money well spent!

Here is a picture of the beginning of my project:

 



I did do some frogging with this yarn and surprisingly (for me) it was fairly easy to rip out.  There isn't much negative I can say about this...I'm IN LOVE with it...so much that I posted a blog page about it!  LOL :)

Here is the finished product (and my youngest son):



I hope all of you who have not tried hand-spun yarns/fibers will give it a go!  I'm glad I did!



I got this yarn at Spun Sugar Yarns.  You can also find them on Facebook here: Spun Sugar Yarns Facebook Page.


No comments:

Post a Comment